Members in good standing pay annual dues. Portions of the annual dues go to the National Society, the Oregon State Society, and your SAR Chapter. The dues help to support the business and projects of the Society and Chapters. Dues must be paid to your SAR Chapter Treasurer by December 1st of each year to maintain membership of good standing in the Sons of the American Revolution.
If you have a Life Membership in the National Society, Sons of the American Revolution, your Chapter and Oregon Society dues still need to be paid to maintain membership in those organizations. If you were born before January 1, 1933 and hold a National Society Life Membership in the SAR, the annual dues for Oregon State Society are voluntary.
The following dues are effective as of July 1, 2015:
- National Society Regular Membership annual dues: $35.00 per year
- Oregon State Society annual dues: $15.00 per year
Total regular membership annual dues for the National Society plus the Oregon State Society are $50.00 per year plus the dues for your local Chapter (see below).
- Southern Oregon Chapter annual dues: $15.00 per year + $50.00 (National & State) = $65.00 per year.
- Thomas Jefferson Chapter annual dues: $5.00 per year + $50.00 (National & State) = $55.00 per year.
- Republic Chapter annual dues: $15.00 per year + $50.00 (National & State) = $65.00 per year.
- Lewis & Clark Chapter annual dues: $10.00 per year + $50.00 (National & State) = $60.00 per year.
Note: The first year’s dues are paid along with the application fees when applying for membership in the Sons of the American Revolution.